Physical Education Teacher (Part-Time Virtual) - Central Services
Fri, 11/15/2013 - 16:48 — Anonymous
Title: Physical Education Teacher
Location: Home Office
Requirement: TEACHING CERTIFICAITON A MUST!
This subject-specific teacher is responsible for providing their own appropriate technology and connectivity needed for managing the asynchronous learning environment. The Part Time Central Services Teacher interacts with students asynchronously by responding to posted course work, managing content area forums and blogs and by working closely with the content group to edit and revise content as necessary. This is a part-time, year round position, and employees will work at their convenience to ensure promised time frames for providing student feedback. The Part Time Central Services Teacher works from a home-based office.
- Instruction and Student Achievement
- Mastery of the current curriculum for assigned grade levels and subjects
- Demonstrate knowledge of state standards, testing requirements, and graduation requirements within the core content
- Evaluate and provide feedback for subjective questions in the students’ assessments.
- Grading which includes retesting – students shall be permitted to retake any Unit Exam that s/he has failed one time
- The subjective questions will vary in responses from simple, one-sentence short answer exercise to essays written in paragraph form, to problems that need to be solved step-by-step.
- Monitor Discussion Boards / Forums to answer student questions and resolve issues within 24 hours of the original posting
- Direct students to supplemental lesson content when system alerts identity poor student performance
- Approve student Blog entries before they are posted
- Supplement and reinforce the curriculum with online and offline materials and activities
- Use information generated from the student’s performance to make data-driven decisions and adjustments to the curriculum and learning model
- Use eSchoolware to provide students and parents with regular feedback regarding student performance and progress
- Provide intervention tasks for students to complete to gain knowledge, skills and confidence to raise achievement and address weaknesses on a particular learning standard
- Support the learning needs of special education students
- Maintain the Virtual Academy Learning Environment
- Manage and maintain a home office that supports instruction and student achievement
- Initiate and strengthen relationships with students and their families through many different interactions
- Professional Responsibilities
- Commit to the use of cutting-edge technology to deliver high-quality instruction to students state-wide
- Participate in staff meetings and professional development sessions
- Participate in the Mentoring program as either a Mentor or a Mentee
- Communicate with colleagues and supervisors on a regular basis
- Provide continue support to the Chief Officer, Digital Education, Vice President of Curriculum and/or clients as needed
- Maintain confidentiality as required by the school and by law
Internal: Content Center Personnel
External: Parents/Guardians, Students, Charter Boards, State Department of Education, EdisonLearning stakeholders and leadership, Advisors, Special Education Advisors, Directors of Instruction, Directors of Special Education
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Personal Accountability - When commits to do something, does it decisively, responsibly and with urgency. Can be relied on consistently, including:
- Demonstrates a strong sense of urgency through prioritizing and following through on commitments
- Drives hard to meet and frequently exceed goals and objectives within tight timeframes.
- Decision Making
- Makes timely decisions
- Takes bold, decisive action or makes commitments, despite risks, conflict or uncertainty, after considering the available courses of action and the needs and values of others.
- Responds to change with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn new ways of working.
- Seeks new skills, behaviors and knowledge to increase personal performance capabilities.
- Establishes rapport with people easily
- Develops and maintains a network of contacts who can provide information, help and access to others.
- Bachelor degree
- Minimum one-year teaching experience in a traditional (brick & mortar) school preferred
- Experience teaching or participating in an e-learning/online learning course preferred
- Teacher Certification or approved alternative certification; willingness to pursue certification in other states based on the needs of the school
- Content proficiency
- Baccalaureate or Advanced degree in the subject to be taught, or
- Passed a rigorous state content exam in the subject
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
- Proficiency with multimedia communication tools, such as discussion boards, web logs, email, instant messaging and audio podcasts
- Ability and availability to travel within the state as needed
- High degree of flexibility
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience developing and revising curriculum preferred
United States Pittsburgh PA 15219